Saturday, July 08, 2006

Hello!

I'm very excited about this venture, and doubly so for doing it with a group of people who's blogs I enjoy reading. Proust has long been a passion of mine, ever since I took a course on him back in college and read all of La Recherche in a frenzied blur. It was as far from Davis' suggested 'surrendering' as once can get, and I'm eager to attempt a slow, luxurious reading in which I can take my time and savor the experience. I've also got a lot of material saved up from that course which I plan to re-read, and am more than willing to scan or type up anything of particular interest for everybody to enjoy!

I've never been in a group bicycle ride, but reading Dorothy's blog has made such a metaphor seem apt for our endeavour. A bunch of strangers, gathering to enjoy a challenging past time, excited to test ourselves and willing to help each other accomplish our goal.

So - race on!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca H. said...

Wow -- the cycling metaphor really works! I wish I'd thought of that :)

8:54 PM  
Blogger Stefanie said...

Great metaphor!

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home