Monday, July 03, 2006

I have to admit that I've never read a word of Proust. Not a quote, a line, or a phrase. The only reason I even know of him is through some sort of literary diffusion by which his name has been dispersed through the pages of other books. I know there is something to do with a madeline (and I suspect I shall have to resist buying some at the grocery store to accompany my reading) and, well, that's about it. I'm excited to tackle these books with a group though and hope I'll be able to keep up!

2 Comments:

Blogger Stefanie said...

Don't resist buying madeleines! I tried some Turkish Delight when I read The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe and found it added a to the experience of the book.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Rebecca H. said...

I'm a Proust newbie too. Having others along will definitely help out.

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home