Friday, July 14, 2006

Heading for the finish line!

Okay, folks, wish me well this weekend: I am going to sprint the last 100 pages of "Swann's Way" before I head off to Yosemite next week.

General comment about the experience: Terrific. Loved it. Absolutely crazy over the Combray half of the book. Swann's Way started a bit roughly, but evened out and now, 100 pages from the end, Proust is tossing off some seriously snippy writing -- fur is flying, let me tell you!

More next week...Let's talk madeleine's Monday, shall we?

6 Comments:

Blogger Stefanie said...

Have a nice trip LK!

5:49 PM  
Blogger Rebecca H. said...

Have a great trip! Glad you enjoyed the reading.

6:51 PM  
Blogger AC said...

Have a good read and a good trip.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

Have a good trip!

I started a new job this week so my reading of Proust has dipped a bit. I'm going over manuals and the such right now. I hope to get back into the swing of things on Monday.

4:16 AM  
Blogger SFP said...

I'm impressed with how far everyone has gotten in Swann's Way. I've finished The Overture, no more.

6:56 AM  
Blogger LK said...

Thanks everyone, I got about 10 pages from the end this weekend.

SFP, don't feel bad -- I started Swann's Way a few months ago. It has been my blog project, and then I joined this reading group as a way to keep motivated, share the reading experience.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home